1. Form a new College of Engineering (January 2003).
2. Place three existing departments (currently housed in the College of Arts and Sciences) in the new college: Computer Science, Engineering Technology and Materials Science (January 2003).
3. Effective with the move to the College of Engineering, change the existing Department of Computer Science to a Department of Computer Science and Engineering and change the existing Department of Materials Science to a Department of Materials Science and Engineering (January 2003).
4. Effective with the move to the College of Engineering, change the existing MS and PhD programs with majors in materials science to MS and PhD programs with majors in materials science and engineering (January 2003).
5. Add two new degree programs:
In summary, the College of Engineering will open in spring 2003 with the following departments and degree programs:
For information about a degree in a particular department, contact the current department:
Web site: www.cs.unt.edu
Web site: www.etech.unt.edu
Web site: www.mtsc.unt.edu
For general information, contact the College of Arts and Sciences, Student Advising Office:
College of Arts and Sciences
Student Advising Office
Web site: www.cas.unt.edu or www.cas.unt.edu/advising
New UNT College of Engineering in (.PDF).